Program Coordinator/Project Manager
The Indiana University Language Workshop seeks an individual who can preform the functions of Program Manager and Project Coordinator.
Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in higher education administration (in an area related to student enrollment services such as admissions, recruitment, and enrollment management) or in recruitment, program development or marketing in public, private, or non-profit sectors. Combinations of related education and experience may be considered.
Possess a valid driver’s license with the ability to be insured by Indiana University.
Ability to effectively communicate and exchange information with diverse communities.
Strong management, leadership, and presentation skills
Ability to prioritize and work independently on multiple projects with demanding time deadlines
Willingness to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and to make decisions.
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Knowledge of IU policies, procedures, financial systems, course management, and student record systems
Proficiency in spreadsheet use ( particularly constants, macros, and pivot tables)
Facility with web & print design and with image, sound, and video editing software
Familiar with IU campus and procedures
Two years of experience in academic or non-profit administration
To see the full job posting and apply, please visit: https://iujobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/71722
The Indiana University Language Workshop seeks instructors for its 2019 program in Russian (May 28 – July 26, 2019). The Workshop is an intensive, 9-week program, providing accelerated, performance-based instruction in six levels of Russian. For details, see http://languageworkshop.indiana.edu
- Native or at least ILR 2+/ACTFL AH speaker of Russian;
- MA or equivalent in language, language instruction, linguistics, or related field
- Experience teaching Russian to U.S. university students
- U.S. citizen, non-citizen authorized to work in the U.S., or non-citizen able to receive a J-1 visa.
- U.S. Citizen or holder of work authorization (green card)
- Experience in communicative, standards-based instruction;
- Experience in accelerated and intensive instruction.
- Experience in independent teaching;
- 2 semesters or more experience teaching language in U.S. at the university level
To apply, submit the following to the Summer Russian Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org by OCTOBER 30:
- Statement of interest
- Contact information for 2 professional references familiar with your teaching.