The Indiana University Language Workshop seeks instructors for its 2019 program in Russian (May 28 – July 26, 2019). The Workshop is an intensive, 9-week program, providing accelerated, performance-based instruction in six levels of Russian. For details, see http://languageworkshop.indiana.edu
- Native or at least ILR 2+/ACTFL AH speaker of Russian;
- MA or equivalent in language, language instruction, linguistics, or related field
- Experience teaching Russian to U.S. university students
- U.S. citizen, non-citizen authorized to work in the U.S., or non-citizen able to receive a J-1 visa.
- U.S. Citizen or holder of work authorization (green card)
- Experience in communicative, standards-based instruction;
- Experience in accelerated and intensive instruction.
- Experience in independent teaching;
- 2 semesters or more experience teaching language in U.S. at the university level
To apply, submit the following to the Summer Russian Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org by OCTOBER 30:
- Statement of interest
- Contact information for 2 professional references familiar with your teaching.