Recognizing that officers in today's operational environments need excellent cross-cultural communication skills in order to provide effective leadership, the Department of Defense in 2007 launched 'Project GO,' a nationwide training program for ROTC students. Project GO programs in 17 universities nationwide provide instruction in critically strategic languages and cultures. Some programs take students abroad; some provide instruction exclusively in the U.S. In all cases, a Project GO scholarship fully covers the cost of participation.
THE LANGUAGE TRAINING CENTER
What Does Project GO Provide?
- Tuition and Fees
- Housing and Meal Allowance
- Round-Trip Travel to Indiana University
- Books and materials
- Recreation Center Access
- Public Transit Access
- Federal Language Proficiency Testing and Certification
- In some cases, DLPT testing
What Does Project GO not Cover?
- Personal spending money
- Credit transfer fees
- Other fees charged by your home institution
Who is Eligible for Project GO at IU?
- Any ROTC student in any service
- Including newly commissioned officers not yet activated
- Including Green-to-Gold participants
- Any ROTC student in any college or university (not just IU students)
- Contracted or not contracted students are eligible
- Incoming IU freshmen enrolled in Fall 2019 ROTC courses